- What if all apartment complexes dedicated “greenspace” to community gardens to help provide supplemental fresh food to tenants?
- Yes! So much wasted space out there!
- Way to link small scale gardens/farmers to distributors
- Exchange method->
Food & Nutrition
- Older adults mentor teens as gardeners to do programming for younger kids
- Play cafe w/indoor garden to teach community members a skill for hope and opportunities
- Cool bus – mobile grocery (SNAP)
- Deliver “fresh food trucks”
Alternative Retail Methods:
- “Ugly” produce stores (like France)
- Biz support – $, accounting, management, training, coaching
- Make to-go meals for sale at low cost from “expired” produce
- Gardens on the Go
- Use food to create economic opportunities -> employment, biz ownership
At the center of it all: Purdue Extension